April 21, 2008

Runnin', runnin', runnin'

Dear Friends,

About a year and a half ago, Frank Slagle, my dear friend's father, passed
away from complications with a brain tumor. With him as my
inspiration, I have decided to take up running, something I've always
wanted to do, but never felt motivated enough. On April 26th, I will
participate in the 3rd Annual Brain Tumor Path to Progress to raise
money for the research programs of the American Brain Tumor
Association....So that means that in just five days I will attempt to
run my very first 5K! My friends, Jennifer and Elizabeth, and their
mother, along with many friends will also be running/walking. We have
formed a team called "Running for Frank."

I am asking you to support my efforts with a donation. You can do
this easily by clicking the link below.

I appreciate any donation you give! As you can tell, this is
time-sensitive, as the race is in just FIVE DAYS! Thank you so much
for considering what you are able to give for this important research.

Here's the link:
http://hope.abta.org/site/TR/ABTAEvent/PathtoProgress?px=1610717&pg=personal&fr_id=1220

To learn more about the American Brain Tumor Association, visit their
website at www.abta.org.

In addition, this Mother's Day, I'm participating in Y-ME's Race to Empower with the Breast Team Ever! I have many friends whose lives are deeply affected by the tragedy of breast cancer. We will be walking on Mother's Day in support of all those affected. To donate to this event, please click here:

http://main.y-me.org/site/TR/MothersDayEvents/MothersDayEvents-Chicago?pg=personal&fr_id=1241&fr_id=1241&px=2129594

Thanks for supporting me in these endeavors!

No comments: