December 7, 2005

Turnips - my new favorite veggie

Jennifer likes to write about her cooking "experiments" in her blog, so I wanted to join the party. :)

I get a produce box full of organic fruits and veggies at a local co-op every week. I tend to get a lot of items I would never have purchased individually, or that I had never heard of before.

I had a turnip the other week and I thought, what the heck am I going to do with a turnip??? Pretty sure I've never eaten a turnip before....

...until TONIGHT. Yes, I tried Jennifer's recipe and they were GOOD!! Why?? Why is a turnip good?? I wish I would have taken a picture. But definitely check out Jennifer's blog if you're interested and feelin' brave.

This week I got "sunchokes" in my box, along with beets and several heads of broccoli - I think it's winter and they don't know what to do, because Becky So is not so happy with this week's box. Prize goes to the first person who can tell me what the hell sunchokes are :) (Jennifer, you don't count, I already told you!)

No comments: