January 5, 2009

Snooze Blues

(this is a recent post I wrote for my other blog with 2 friends of mine who are trying to take care of themselves as much I am) - check it out! http://vbkweightlossjourney.blogspot.com/

Every evening I set my alarm for the next morning, and I tell myself that I won't hit the snooze button when it starts to go off.

And every morning, I hit the snooze button. Many times. Way too many times.

I love being up in the morning, but I have a terrible time getting out of bed. It's like as soon as the alarm rings, this wave of extra sleepiness falls over me! And my snooze goes off every 5 minutes, so it's not as if the "extra" sleep I get is at all restful. In fact, I think it's a total waste of my time to hit the snooze! Plus, I hate sleeping in too late and then having to rush to class or work. I feel flustered when that happens.

I want to make a habit of getting up earlier each day and working out in the mornings because I find that it helps me have a better day.

Please advise me! I need to figure out how to be able to wake up in the mornings!!

1 comment:

Hannah Q. Parris said...

Hey Becky! My sister read this but her comment didn't go through for some reason. So she told me that putting her alarm clock as far away from the bed as possible in the room is what helps her. She also told me about a "flying alarm clock" you might want to look into. See here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbPJ3cipucY