April 23, 2007

April in Chicago (Take 2)

Well it finally stopped snowing in Chicago (I have a feeling I'm going to kick myself tomorrow-the temperature is dropping as I write!). We had an absolutely amazing weekend of not-a-cloud-in-the-sky-sunny-days and temps reaching 80. It's awesome what a little sunshine can do for a stressed out student :)

On Sunday Richard and I went to Green Fest. Super cool. Click on the link to read about it....or else you're clearly not cool. Yesterday was EARTH DAY - and if you didn't know that - WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?!! What's the easiest thing you can do to help care for our dear earth?? How about:

*Buy energy saving light bulbs - sure, they may cost a bit more, but they last forever (almost) and they will help your electric bill go down.

*Ride your bike - get off your arse, you know you need the exercise!!!

*Recycle - especially your paper. Do you realize how much paper you throw away?! There's a website you can go to to stop getting junk mail too. Don't know it off the top of my head but I'll post it another time.

That's only a few. Don't tell me you can't think of others!!!

Let's change the subject and honor my most amazing honey. Richard and I had such a fabulous day yesterday, and he (finally-sorry honey :) took me out for a celebratory dinner, for getting into the University of Chicago. We went to Chinatown. Really the entire day was perfect - and so is he.

I'm gonna come back and read this entry whenever I start complaining about life.

No comments: